In-group research

After doing the extensive research that accompanied the most recent paper, it made me take a step back and think more broadly and more objectively about my in-group. The research proved to back up most of my personal thoughts about being on a low-carbohydrate diet, yet it was obviously more objective and I found some things that I didn’t necessarily like to hear about the diet that I have tended to try not to think about. A couple of the articles mentioned that when people are on the reduced carbohydrate diet, they lose weight very quickly but tend to gain it all back. This happened to me, and it makes me so frustrated. Senior year I went on a very reduced carbohydrate diet and I ended up losing about a pound a day for 5 months. I ended up gaining it all back in college because it is basically impossible not to eat carbs in college (although this is an excuse, I think it holds true). Now, I try to avoid carbs but I also aim to make my whole diet healthier rather than what I did my senior year where I just avoided carbs and didn’t worry about any other aspect of my diet. The second semester of college I have begun a detox called Arbonne which I have thoroughly enjoyed. It implements protein shakes and other supplemental foods and drinks. I am almost finished with the detox, and I would like to believe that it was a kickstart to an overall healthier lifestyle. This post is supposed to be more about the research I conducted and the way it made me feel, but what I got out of the assignment was more of a self-reflection that was much needed. My body has been the number one thing I would change about my life for more years than I can remember, and the fact that I can’t get to my desired weight or look frustrates me more than you can imagine. As said in the research, I need to focus more on having a balanced diet and most of all working on mindful eating.